Where your data doesn't vary over time
The table format is useful where your values don't vary over time, i.e. it is more of a static database of information.
The table format consists of:
- The top row represents the category name or variable name
- Each row below the top row represents a single category item
- The first column must be the primary category, then there can be subsequent columns that hold the Category Mappings
- The first row must have the name of the category being mapped from and the name of the category being mapped to, in the following format: [from category] > [to category]
- The arrow (">") is important - it's how Causal distinguishes between a normal category column, and a category mapping column!
- The rows below may have the name of an item in the category being mapped to
- Subsequent columns represent variables