Comment on page
Causal Data Wizards
Generate a data-connected model and dashboard report in minutes
Causal's data wizards are a great first step to get you up & running in Causal!
- 2.Get a model + dashboard report generated for you out-of-the-box 🪄
- The P&L and Headcount models give you a month-by-month forecast going forward (using basic assumptions that can be adjusted)
- 3.Suggested next steps:
The structure of the P&L (i.e. the allocations of your QBO/Xero GL codes to variables/rows in Causal) is generated using AI. You can change the structure of your P&L model, by connecting/disconnecting data items, and/or creating new variables.
The CRM wizard produces a dashboard (and underlying spreadsheet) allowing you to dig into your sales activity, opportunities, and pipeline.
- After connecting to Salesforce (as per the steps above), the next step is to customise the breakdowns you want to see (based off your actual Salesforce data) before your model/dashboard is created.
- Historical data is populated from Salesforce, and any forecast numbers you see are based off the probability weighting assigned in Salesforce.
- You can use the filters on the charts / tables to slice and dice by Owner, Stage, Account, and any other fields you selected in the wizard.
- The dashboard should be helpful for sales review meetings (e.g. how are we tracking this week / month / quarter), and you can use the model as a base to begin tracking plan vs. actuals (this would require turning it into a forecast model with formulas for future months, and saving a version to compare to).