You can export your model/s out of Causal into a variety of formats and file types. This is useful for a variety of situations, for example:
- Sharing your model with people outside of Causal
- For using the model data or outputs in systems outside of Causal
- Saving a local or offline copy of your model
Find the Export button in the top-right of the spreadsheet workspace
- 1.Hit the Export button in the top right of the spreadsheet workspace (see screenshot above), then hit the + to create a new export
- 2.Give the export a Name
- 3.Choose the Format
- We currently only offer Raw Values format which is a useful format for inputting into another system for further manipulation.
- Coming soon: Formatted Values (organized like your Causal model, with time as columns and variables as rows) and Formatted with Formulas (same as Formatted Values, but with formulas intact)
- 5.Choose whether you want to export all values, or filter the values via a View (you'll need to exit the export modal if you need to create a View).
- Views allow you to filter for specific variables, scenarios, time periods, categories.
- 6.Choose whether to export linked models or just the current model.
- If you choose to include linked models, you can either choose all (which will automatically include any future linked models), or you can customise which linked models you wish to export.
- 7.You can also toggle which columns you wish to export (this is only for the Raw Values format).
- 8.Choose whether the export is downloaded or synced to an external system (coming soon).
- If it is downloaded, choose the file format (.csv or .xlsx).
- .csv is the only format available right now, .xlsx coming soon!
- Coming soon: External Syncs (Google Sheets, Snowflake and Webhook).