Causal reads the following financial statements from Xero:
- Balance Sheet
- Cashflow (disclaimer from Xero: "not available in US Region at this stage")
These are converted into Data sources in Causal, letting you connect variables in Causal to line items in the financial statements.
Causal doesn't write any data back to Xero.
- 2.Click on Xero under the New Data Source section. You'll see a modal like this:
3. Click Connect to Xero and follow the instructions in Xero's authentication flow.
4. Select the Account and Dataset you'd like to connect to, using the dropdowns:
5. Click Create Data Source. You can now use your Xero data source in the same way as other data sources in Causal.
By default, Causal pulls in data for all periods (e.g. months) where data is available (or in the case of Xero/QuickBooks, until the last completed month).
However, in certain instances it may be useful to pull in data only until a specific month, for example: when your accounting books are not ready yet. To do that you'll need to enable Import data until (go here to read more).
Yes! When importing data from Xero, you have the option to bring in each GL code:
- As is (no tracking category breakdown)
- Split by tracking category A
- Split by tracking category B... etc