Beta feature 🚨
As well as sharing models, you can now also share entire folders 📂 This is useful when you have various models that you want to organise in a folder structure, and share with a common set of people (similar to Google Drive).
The three access types are view, edit, and admin:
- Edit: can see the folder and its contents, and create/edit the models inside
- Admin: can see the folder and its contents, create/edit/delete models inside, and change the sharing settings of the folders/models (you can even unshare the folder with the original creator).
When you share a folder, it shares everything within that folder too (including models, as well as folders). Anyone you share the folder with will have at least that much access to all of the models/folders within the folder.
You can also grant higher access to specific models/folders within the folder. For example:
- I'm the CFO of Company X.
- I create a folder called Finance, and share it with my Finance team by giving them View access
- However, I want my VP Strategic Finance to have edit access to the Revenue model within the Finance folder.
- I can head to the sharing settings of the Revenue model and grant that specific user edit access on the model.
Can I give someone lower access to a model/folder than I have granted them at the parent folder level?
No. If you share a folder with someone, they will have at least that much access to all of the models/folders within the folder.
Can I grant someone access to a model that doesn't have any access to the parent folder the model is in?
If someone is a Viewer user type in my Organisation, can I give them edit access to a model?
Who can move models and folders in/out of folders?
Folder admins can move folders, and model admins can move models if: the mover has edit access to the folder they are moving from/to.