Comment on page
Causal lets you filter Variables, Charts, Categories, Scenarios, and Time. Combine as many Filters as you want, within one View.
Create a View by hitting the green Views button in the top left of the spreadsheet to create a view.
Filtering for the Google vendor only
Filter the variables in your model as follows:
Currently, filters on variables only apply to the spreadsheet. Charts are not impacted and will continue to display all variables. If this does not meet your requirements, you could create a new chart with just the variables you wish to see and then combine the variable filters with 'chart is one of' filter.
Note that if you share a View with a chart filter, the variables in the spreadsheet will still be visible, unless you explicitly filter them out. In this situation, a Dashboard may be more appropriate.
The time filter is simple - just enter the time range you'd like to see. Note that this affects both the spreadsheet, as well as the time range shown in any visuals.
The category "is one of" filters by Category Item/s within a Category (on all the variables where that category exists), as well as any categories mapped to it.
For example: if Employee is linked to Title which is linked to Department, and your View filters for the Engineering Department, Causal will do the following across the spreadsheet and charts:
- Filter for Engineering on the variables that have the Department category;
- Filter for the Titles that sit within Engineering on any variables that have the Title category;
- Filter for Employees within Engineering (linked via their Title), on any variables that have the Employees category; and
- Filter the aggregates of the above relevant variables for only the Engineering Department
- If you want to show others the unfiltered aggregates within a View, you can do this by creating another variable that aggregates the category away (e.g. create a Monthly Payroll with the Department category aggregated away).
This will not filter out variables that don't have the Category on them. If you wish to do that, you could combine "Variable has category" and "Category is one of" filters.
When a view with a scenario filter is active, you will only be able to see the selected scenarios.